Differences between 2003 and 2004 models
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back to Index
W220s produced in 2003 began the option changes:
- widescreen nav,
- new hood,
- new bumper,
- new rear apron
- some electrical changes.
W220s from 2004 had more changes:
- Widescreen DVD nav,
- VCF available on all cars (voice control)
- dvd mp3 capability standard
- 12 speaker bose system
- 17" wheels standard
- 7 speed tranny,
- Many of the standard items that were only available for the S500 were also standard on the S430, like carpet, seats, electronic options etc. Bi-zenons, heated steering, headlamp washers, rear window shades etc.
- MOST networking began replacing D2B
- Pre-safe system became standard on all S Class
- Suspension system and electronics updated
- Heated windscreens standard with cold weather package for all S Class
- Folding mirrors when parking option available on all S Class
- S430 and S500 engines were updated and gave a few (very few) more mpg than the previous models.
- Gear ratios got a little better giving a little better performance in the city and highway (due to new transmission).
- Sat radio, bluetooth, and a different phone system also came with the facelifts after 2004.