WIS 82.00 Electrical System, Body, General
Circuit Wiring - Electrical System
Abbreviations - M-B Circuit Wiring Diagrams
Color Colour Code - M-B Circuit Wiring Diagrams
|Abbreviation||Color Colour in German||Color Colour in English|
|gr||grau||grey or gray|
Wiring Diagrams - M-B Circuit Wiring Diagrams
Thanks to Benz World Member, Pinkster, here is a link to wiring diagrams for most MB models, including the W220, at Internet Site hosted by BBB Industries.
Temperature Sensors - Electrical System
Description - Temperature Sensors
Temperature sensors are commonly constructed using temperature sensitive resistors, also known as thermistors.
A thermistor is just a temperature dependent resistor. Unfortunately, its dependence is highly nonlinear, but fortunately for most applications the non-linearity is easily compensated for.
The standard formula for calculating the resistance of a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) thermistor as a function of temperature is as follows, where;
- R25C is the nominal thermistor resistance at room temperature,
- ß is the thermistor’s material constant in degrees Kelvin.
- T is the thermistor’s actual temperature in degrees Celsius.
Functions - Temperature Sensors
In the W220 as in other M-B vehicles there are many instances of NTC Thermistors used to measure temperature. Examples are:
- ACC In Cabin Air Temperature Sensor (Overhead Control Panel (OCP)
- ACC In Cabin Air Temperature Sensor (Pushbutton Control Module)
- Automatic transmission fluid Temperature
- Engine coolant temperature
- Mass Air Flow
- Oil temperature
- ACC Outside Temperature Sensor
- Refrigerant Temperature Sensor
Specification - Temperature Sensors
Refer to the relevant Wiki Section.
- ACC In Cabin Air Temperature Sensor (Overhead Control Panel (OCP) (N70))
- ACC In Cabin Air Temperature Sensor (Pushbutton Control Module (N22))
- Sensor - Automatic Transmission Fluid Temperature
- Sensors - Coolant Temperature
- Sensor - MAF Element
- Sensor – Oil Temperature
- Sensor - Outside Air Temperature
- Sensor - Refrigerant Temperature